Show Jam Spirit
- Start fresh. Teams and concepts form at the jam.
- Research and test your prototype with real people. Hit the streets!
- Show me, don’t tell me. Talk less and prototype more.
- Enjoy the jam! Jam for the sake of jamming.
During the Jam
- Always be uploading. Register with Planet Jam when you first arrive. Upload work as you go.
- Tag everything! Tweet with #gsjam #boston
- Keep the secret. The theme is revealed at 6:30 pm – please don’t tweet, blog, or post about it!
- Make it yourself. Please don’t use copyrighted images or music. Shoot your own pictures and use only creative commons license or public domain materials.
- Ask the organizers (Jessamyn, Deborah, Neha, Heather) ANY question you might have.
- We’re there to make sure you have a great experience – let us know what you need!
What to bring
- Laptop, tablet, phone, flash drive
- Cords, cables and dongles
- Photo or video camera
- Water bottle
- Business cards
- On Saturday and Sunday, bring toys, art supplies, or containers for prototyping
The Jam will provide
- Dinner and beverages Friday night
- Coffee and breakfast pastry Saturday and Sunday
- Each jammer will receive a Jam Kit with:
- White paper
- White card stock
- Color card stock
- Chip board
- Scotch tape
- Scratch pad
- Mechanical pencil
- G2 Pilot pen
- Black, red, blue Sharpie
- Glue stick
- Tiny bulldog clip
Post It notes
Boston Service Jam pin
Smiley face stickers
Colored circle stickers
Directions and Transportation
The jam will be held in the Community Room of the Boston Youth Hostel.
19 Stuart Street
Boston, MA 02116
MBTA transit stops:
Boylston Station – Green Line
Chinatown Station – Orange Line
Tweet us at @BOS_servicejam or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Refunds are not promised for the jam. However, please let the event organizer know if you are unable to attend.